Research shows that breathing directly influences state of mind. This unit introduces students to the power of breath through investigation and inquiry, utilizing the scientific method. It highlights development of awareness, stimulates beginner’s mind and emboldens interconnectedness, all crucial components of developing a mindfulness practice. Though these components are woven throughout the unit, the focus is on the science of how breath has the capacity to change our perspective; in part by bringing us into the current moment. This unit is a wonderful way to introduce breathing practices to a group for long term use.
- Curriculum Master Introduction ( see Preview for contents)
- Module and Unit Introduction
- Lesson 1: Observations of Breath
- Lesson 2: Breathing Practice and Inquiry
- Lesson 3: Breathing in Motion
- Lesson 4: Connections and Reflections - Breath
Breathing is a celebration of the experience of being alive. Enjoy discovering the power of your breath!